The Liebster Award is a way to celebrate the blogging community and get to know more people. It is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. I was nominated by the lovely Antonia at A Heart of Books. Hopefully I will answer all her questions well enough!
1) Write 11 facts about yourself.
2) Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3) Nominate 5 to 11 bloggers.
4) Ask those you nominate 11 of your own questions.
Well, here goes nothing…
11 Facts About Me
1. I have a twin sister called Kate. (She has a blog too, so go check it out: Inside The Box)
2. In September (if all goes well with exam results) I will be going to university to study English.
3. I love being involved in drama productions. Since joining my current school I have been involved in every production possible, and have loved them all.
4. I have been dancing practically since I could walk, taking ballet lessons since I was very young.
5. I also play rugby – since I was 7 years old. (Yes, I know, I am a living contradiction!) But I love playing sports, especially lacrosse.
6. I don’t eat meat (aka I’m a pescetarian). People always ask me if I’m ever tempted to try meat but I have been brought up by my parents not eating it, so I can’t miss what I’ve never had!
7. I am afraid of heights – standing at the edge of a building, glass elevators, rollercoasters… Nope nope nope!
8. I love to bake; it is my ultimate procrastination technique. (At least it’s productive procrastination!) I do all kinds of treats but especially enjoy anything to do with chocolate.
9. I have a slight obsession for Disney; the old classics (The Lion King, The Litle Mermaid, etc) are great, but I love the new films too. And yes, that includes Frozen, as well as Tangled and Big Hero 6. I can’t help it, I’m a child at heart!
10. My dream is to become a book publisher, potentially for children’s fiction. (I mean a job working with books, what is better than that?)
11. I am an extremely indecisive person. (So this next part will be interesting…)
The 11 Questions I Got Asked
1. If you could travel to any place right now where would you go?
I have always wanted to go to America, specifically New York, so it would have to be there!
2. Are you a sweet or savoury person?
Sweet… I think.
3. Favourite song lyrics?
Gah, that’s so hard!
“Don’t you worry your pretty little mind/ People throw rocks at things that shine.”
Ours, Taylor Swift
But I do also really like:
“Took a wrong turn and fell down the rabbit hole.”
Wonderland, Taylor Swift (I’m a massive Swifty!), because it has the name of my blog in it!
4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Living in my own flat in London with a secure job, in publishing.
5. What are two things about yourself that you like?
Hmm… I think we tend to always focus on the negatives than the positives. But I would say my hair and my eyes.
6. If you could pick a movie that is influential in your life which one would it be?
I’m not sure whether there is a movie that has influenced me hugely, though I loved watching Beatrix Potter when I was little – The Tailor of Gloucester was my favourite.
7. What’s something you’d tell someone if you want to impress them?
(That’s tricky!) “Sometimes my twin and I start singing the same song at the same time. Twin telepathy, right?”
8. If I handed you 200 pounds (or whatever that is equal to in the currency you have at the moment) what is the first thing you’d do?
I would love to say something impressive like “give it all to charity”, but if I am honest I would probably just end up buying clothes, theatre tickets and saving up for uni.
9. What’s the happiest memory you have?
I have so many happy memories, I can’t choose just one! They usually involve my family and friends though.
10. Who do you consider as someone you look up to?
My mother – for all the support, advice and love she has given me growing up, and still does now.
11. What’s your favourite smell?
1) My friend Erin, at Serenity Books.
2) Jordan and Hannah, at Cover too Cover.
3) Liam, at LiamsLibrary.
4) Eliza, at The Bookish Universe.
5) Ashleigh, at Ashleigh’s Musings
My Questions to You
1. What is your favourite part about your blog?
2. If you had a dinner party and could invite 3 fictional characters who would you invite?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. What makes you happiest?
5. What is your favourite dessert?
6. Tea or coffee?
7. What is your favourite colour?
8. What is your earliest and/or favourite childhood memory?
9. Favourite literary quote?
10. What is your favourite book and least favourite book you have read so far this year?
11. Describe yourself in ONE word.
I had a lot of fun doing this and hopefully my nominees will too! Go check out their blogs if you haven’t already!